Vision2020 Data Protection Policy
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998, United Kingdom
The information you supply to Vision2020 Network Ltd (trading as Vision2020: The Horizon Network) will be held on one or more databases, and will be used for the purpose of network administration, event administration, and to maintain a relationship with you as a customer or interested party. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us in person.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys and forms.
- Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This includes information you provide via third party platforms including, but not limited to, our enquiry form, our events platform, or our newsletter platform.
Use of data may include listing your name as your organisation’s primary contact on our website, adding your name to the list of participants on a spreadsheet accessible via a link from the members’ community, and/or to compile either a paper or an electronic delegate lists for events. Such information may be used for the purposes of advertising future events and promoting engagement both within and without the network. We may also use your personal information to:
- administer this website and the members' community;
- enable your use of the services available to you through Vision2020;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- report on our activities to funding bodies and sponsors.
If you do not consent to any or all of these uses please inform us immediately via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this data protection policy, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any of our agents, suppliers or subcontractors (but only as reasonably necessary for our purposes as set out above); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Except as provided in this data protection policy, we will not provide your information to third parties, and we will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the data protection policies or practices of third party websites.
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this data protection policy. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States and Australia) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may also instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. If you have any questions about this data protection policy or our treatment of your personal data, please write to us by email at email@example.com